Our interface with the server was crazy-bad. It seems the minute we donned our tinfoil hats, our show was knocked off the ‘net. For this week’s podcast, we offer the pre-recorded bits combined with our earlier Periscope (sorry for the traffic noise).
On October 1, 2017 at 10:05 to 10:16 PM, a 64-year-old gunman opened fire from his 32nd floor room of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino into the crowd of the Route 91 Harvest country music festival
58 victims died and 413 were injured — some permanently — in what was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Stephen Paddock left behind no note or, according to authorities, any indication of his motive.
One year later, we still do not know:
- How an unhealthy, elderly man managed to sneak 23 rifles, one handgun, and thousands of rounds of ammo to his hotel room
- How an unhealthy, elderly man sustained rapid fire from multiple windows for over 10 minutes
- Why there is NO surveillance video coming from the most surveilled city on the planet
- How involved his girlfriend, Marilou Danley was and is — and why he wired her $100,000 one week before the shooting
- Why so many reports came from all over the Strip of other shooters
- Why many of us heard, and many recordings reflected that there was indeed automatic gunfire
- Why we never got the full story from the FBI
- Why all attendees phones were wiped clean upon their return
- Why any and everyone asking these questions has been stripped from social media
To quote Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, who somehow just got reelected, “The goal of our investigation all along has been to provide the public with the clearest picture possible of the events leading up to the shooting last year, as well as motive,”
They say he fired around 1,057 rounds into the crowd. Yet, in every photo of the crime scene, there are hardly any shell casings.
It took the police 52 minutes — an HOUR — to enter his room after the first shots were fired. They found him dead inside, supposedly with a gunshot wound to the head. Not a single photo of the crime scene shows any blood.
Meanwhile, the only person they have arrested is Douglas Haig, an Arizona man who sold Paddock some bullets. How desperate are they?
News of the Weird & Wonderful
How do you tell a parishioner’s son he can’t sing? Read Abby’s answer here.