There was a time that I agreed with Barack Obama’s immigration reform proposal.
But then we parted ways, significantly.
Many are debating using semantics about the 89,000+ children that were “separated” from their families during Obama’s regime. (since the Obama administration did not keep numbers, there are huge discrepancies as to the actual figures) Arguers’ take is that, since, the bulk of those children arrived at the border unaccompanied, Obama technically didn’t separate them himself. I guess it’s more important to be indignant than to be compassionate.
Frankly, dragging a lone child over a foreign border, housing them in tents and cages, and then putting them in foster care (and often into the hands of traffickers) is the VERY DEFINITION of “separating families.” I do not understand why this is even a talking point.
Before Trump was voted in, “The United States is a source, transit, and destination country for men, women, transgender individuals, and children—both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals—subjected to sex trafficking and forced labor.”
These kids may not have technically been separated by Obama, but they were far too often released to strangers who abused, used, and even sold them. “Other cases revealed that parents have deceived HHS by claiming that a relationship existed between the sponsor and the UAC when it did not.”
He wouldn’t even bother to go look for himself.
And now, learning more, I am disgusted with what the Obama/Biden administration did to children and want to continue to this day.
As soon as Trump took office, he tried to fix the mess, and was bashed for the “Border Crisis Conspiracy Theory.”
MSM talking points:
- Illegal border crossings have actually decreased, there is no crisis.
- Walls don’t work and/or are racist
- You can find dozens of videos of Pelosi alone, much else most “liberals” saying this.
- Fact check: Homeland Security
- Saying “bad people” are crossing is racist
- Many states, such as CA that have problems with high crime related to illegal immigration do NOT keep records. Those that do, such as TX, report that illegal immigrants do, indeed, commit more crimes (besides the initial crime of invading a foreign country)
- The crisis was CAUSED by Trump
- Odd, considering that it was part of the presidential debate, before anyone got elected
- No terrorists have ever crossed the land border.
Today, @DHSgov and CBP celebrated the construction of nearly 400 miles of new border wall system.
The border wall system is helping to secure the Southern border from illicit cross border activity.
— CBP (@CBP) October 29, 2020
Of course he’s not perfect – not even close – and he could have done different things, though not a single dissenter has offered those things, other than “open borders,” which have proven disastrous every where and every time it’s tried.. He inherited a holy mess. Remember, doing literally the same things Obama WANTED to do (but he actually didn’t do anything at all) somehow made Trump racist and xenophobic, according to the dems and the Press. I, too, have been called a racist for suggesting the same policies that Obama addressed above, even though this very real crisis has nothing to do with race.
What would you have done?
Since #OrangeManBad, you will never hear or see this. They are still reporting kids in cages.
Cages that Obama/Biden built.