CCW is back for 2022!
Welcome back to the show.
We still yell “Neener Neener!”
We have cut the fat off. Less politics, less swearing, more uplifting stories. Chuck, Max, and Phrytzie have returned. Wine of the Week has not. We hope you enjoy!
A mini-rant from Melanie.
News of the Weird and Wonderful
Want to Raise Successful Kids? Science Says These 7 Habits Lead to Incredible Outcomes
- Teach kids to take pride in their effort, not their gifts.
- Not “You are so good at math,” but “I am so proud of how hard you studied!”
- Get them to play outside.
- Make sure they learn about good role models.
- Especially female role models, as most kids think there are mostly male role models
- Let them see when you fail.
- Teaches them resiliency
- Do this with their toys:
- Use fewer toys or rotate the toys the children use. This allows you and the kid to use the toys more creatively.
- Design a play space that allows this.
- Limit their screen time (cell phones, etc) to 1-2 hours per day.
- Stay close, but not too close.
Scientist invents lickable TV screen that can imitate food flavors
What’s that buzz? Upper Dublin’s Chainsaw Gang, still clearing tree debris Ida left behind (Upper Dublin Township, PA)
2021 ended with fish raining from the sky in East Texas
Martial artists break Guinness record for most kicks in 1 minute
A woman stuck in her blind date’s home ends up engaged with him
B.C. woman finds naked man was living in trunk of her car for 3 days
Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
She’s So Phrytzie!
The CounterCultureCATS go to a CAT store. Hoo boy…
This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things
Fight over mayo ends in life sentence for Iowa man
Thorough breakdown: Verdict for Erlbacher – guilty of murder in the first degree
Georgetown law students demand space to cry
Society is doomed.
Holy Crap, This is Actually Happening
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Whoopi. Plus, the usual dimwits.
News of the Wonderfuller
This 86-year-old die-hard Bengals fan cried when they made it to the Super Bowl. Now he’s going too.
Over 300 dogs, cats rescued from Afghanistan — now some are up for adoption
80-Year-Old Man Walks Through Blizzard To Rescue Stranded Motorists
Florida man allegedly uses flamethrower in neighborhood parking dispute
Florida man pleads guilty in nationwide scam which falsely filed $40M in bogus tax refund claims
Florida Women Busted For 3 AM Glitter Attack
Florida Attorney Accused Of Soaking Papers In Cocaine To Bring To Inmates